Monday, November 27, 2006

Gratitude















Mmmmmm.... mashed potatoes... good!!















Happy on Thanksgiving Day!
















Our good friends Rob and Greg, and Grandma Lori, David's mom, on Thanksgiving!



You'd never know it from these photos, but Ariel had strep throat over Thanksgiving week. She's better, now (thanks to the miracle of antibiotics) so I'm most grateful for her health, and ours. It's a terrible feeling to see your baby sick, no matter how old she is!

I hope to feel grateful every day, not just the third Thursday of November. I'm so grateful for my daughter Ariel, who is my miracle and constantly amazes me with her intelligence, zaniness, talent and compassion... for my husband David, who made me believe in the concept of soulmates, and is my true b'sherit (Hebrew for intended one, destined one, loved one)... for my friends... for my psychotherapy practice, which gives me the chance to help other people transform their lives and is both challenging and rewarding... for all our my many blessings.

Although there are heartaches in our world, especially the emotional loss of my parents, who have chosen not to participate in our lives for reasons of their own, I choose to focus on what we have, not what we don't have. I am working through my losses, and staying focused on the positive.

Hope everyone in the U.S. had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

What a beautiful family!

Yes, there is so much to be said for enjoying what is so good in our lives rather than focusing on the downsides. Sometimes easier said than done but it is something I strive for.

All the best to you and yours :0)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, to a very forgiving and truly sweet friend. I'm sorry to hear about your parents, but I'm glad you are surrounded by the pp who really encourage, support and care for you. And, it's nice to be surrounded by friends of your choices. I don't have any of my family members nearby, so my friends are my family, and in a way that's good, not quite as dysfunctional as my family. Anyway, please take care, and wishing you instant success in building your practice. It won't be long - you have such a calm and soothing quality that allows pp to feel very comfortable and open with you.. Honestly, you are just a great person. take care,