Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kavanna is 23 months today!

Ariel at her regular Friday night gig, playing acoustic guitar and singing her original music. We're so proud of her!
Kavanna at a Pinkalicious party... check out the pink hair (unlike her sister's red hair, the pink washes out!)
Very focused on drawing with that pink crayon...
Look at this mature expression... our wise toddler-ette!

I blinked and the month passed. Ariel is doing well in school and her songwriting is really evolving. She was asked to write a song as part of an ad campaign proposal and she just shot her first music video. We're so proud of her! She's also studying to take her drivers permit test... yikes. I'm anxious just thinking about it. My baby, driving? Whaaaat?????

Kavanna is talking like crazy and delighting us with her funny, smart personality. Last night Ariel said, "I love you, Kavanna" and Kavanna said, "I love you, too." I just want to kiss her cheeks and squeeze her chubby thighs all day long. She was chosen to be a model for a new line of baby shoes called Shupeas and did a commercial shoot a few weeks ago. She's also sleeping through the night in her own crib. I repeat, sleeping through the night in her crib.

It only took ten months before that momentous event took place. More on that later.

I'm hoping that my wonderful friends Di and Dave get their referral this week... today would be a good day! Their daughter Sophie has waited long enough for her parents... I can't wait to see them all united. My heart goes out to everyone waiting.... may you get good news soon!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

My Heaven - she's such a pretty child. Heartbreaker written all over her. Daddy's gonna have to have an Uzi to keep the boys away...

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Oh my goodness, Kavanna looks so grown up. She's changing! Too cute!

chad-roscoe said...

Two beautiful and talented women you have there Nina! Love both of their hair colors!
xo~
Di

Laura said...

Wow...both girls just shine for the camera!

I'm still waiting for the "I love you" ~ that must just make your day!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!!

xoxo,
Laura