Thursday, October 27, 2005

We are "excellent candidates" for adoption!!

Our final social worker visit was yesterday. Our social worker, Heidi, has made this process very straightforward and easy for us. She's detailed, informative, organized and nice. When we finished our meeting yesterday she asked if we had any questions for her.
David and I looked at each other. Only one question came to mind.
David said, "How'd we do?"
She told us, "Oh, you are excellent candidates for adoption."
WHEW! Since we started this process, a part of me has had difficulty believing this can really happen for us. That probably has a lot to do with our miscarriage. After we first saw the baby's heartbeat, I let myself believe that we'd have a happy ending to our pregnancy - then came that terrible moment when the ultrasound was still, no movement at all, and we realized we had lost the baby. In the past few months it's been hard to let myself hope that the adoption will really happen. Now I'm having more faith, and starting to think we really will end this journey with a baby (or babies) in our arms... which of course will begin a new journey for all of us.

No comments: