Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ten Month LID Anniversary!!



Today is our ten month LID anniversary. So what the hell does that mean? Are we halfway to referral? A third? More? Less? I'm trying not to think too much about it. I'm stepping off the rollercoaster. Well, one foot is still firmly planted in that rollercoaster (the part that visits the Rumor Queen site regularly, by which I mean daily, multiple times, but who's counting?!). The other foot is dangling somewhere in mid-air looking for a place to land. Sometimes it lands in the Land of Whatever-Who-Cares-Anymore and sometimes in the Land of Goody-Goody-We're-Getting-Closer. Ah, it's enough to give a girl emotional whiplash.

Then there's the whole hormonal thing. It's a cosmic joke that PMS and pregnancy feel so much the same, at least in the beginning. Every month there's some part of me that wonders if some bizarre National Inquirer-type of miracle has occured and those cramps and sore stripper boobs mean that I'm pregnant. Weirder still is my mixed excitement and dread at this possibility, which always ends with an equally bizarre mix of relief and disappointment when I'm not.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Or is it just that I'm so freaking weird? And why am I surprised that my emotions are all over the map? After all, I'm ten months (paperwork) pregnant!!

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

I think we're all getting squirrely about now. I'm in the 'not gonna pay attention to any of it for a while' mode. I have banished RQ and am seeing if it really makes me more or less nutso!

Congrats on 10 less than whatever it turns out to be in total :0)

Alyson and Ford said...

It means next comes 11, then 12, then...

Actually, it means CONGRATULATIONS!

It's like a slow roller coaster around here. Some weeks are good weeks and some weeks are not so good. There are times we feel sort of "disconnected" from the whole adoption thing and then in the blink of an eye we're up to our eyeballs with excited anticipation.

Who can explain it? It's tough but we're tougher. That's why we'll al make such great parents to our little ones :)

fm

Ellen said...

I can sooo relate to the whole roller coaster/checking the RQ multiple times a day. I wondering, like Connie, if that is helpful or harmful these days!

GGHadden said...

OMG, I feel the same way (every month)
All we can do is hold on for the ride right? You are 4 months ahead of me.....we will be in China before you know it.
I had to stop looking at Rumor Queen, it was making me a b*tch to live with.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, you are not the only one! I remember feeling the same way. Congratulations on 10 months! It is 10 months off your total wait!

Cavatica said...

Congrats on 10 months! It is significant. Your that much further in. Oh, and I relate to the weird emotions with this "pregnancy."

Rosie said...

Wow ten months!