Saturday, December 08, 2007

LID Anniversary (12/06)

Last Thursday was our 22 month LID anniversary. I was so underwhelmed by this event that I could not post anything. Also, I was busy being happy for the people who got their referrals.

Okay, truth. I was happy to hear about referrals, but yes, I admit it, I was also feeling jealous and envious of the parents who got their referrals. I then felt terrible for experiencing that kind of envy. Of course, I spend my professional life assuring people that feelings are not to be judged and to respect and understand their feelings, so I know my reaction was part of being human. Still, it seems wrong to be so downright jealous of other people's happiness. What kind of a monstrous bitch am I??

I guess I'm someone who's been paper pregant for 22 frickin' months.

Will we ever get our referral? We're in a perennial state of being 10 months away. ARGHHHH.

4 comments:

M said...

Nina, your are not a montstrous bitch, you are human. Sending virtual hugs your way...peace.

Alyson and Ford said...

Aly and I laugh all the time about feeling as though we are trapped in "Ground Hog" day (like the movie). We were just talking about this last night, about how horrible we feel that the true joy of others getting their referrals is not as exciting as it once was and SHOULD BE! We know why. The "Wait" is punching all of us in the gut and it hurts. You hurt, we hurt and those just now getting their little ones also were hurting. It's tough. You're human. We're human. And eventually, our pain will turn to joy. I know. I know. Sounds like some rose colored, get happy crap. Still, I hope you know that we know your heart is as true as your love for Kavanna. Our time will come. It will. It is. And we're there walking each step along side of you. Peace to you and your family this Holiday Season. Our prayers and love.

ac & fm

Alyson and Ford said...

I posted my own plans for a pity party.....I had to join in. Soon to be forgotten....

The other half of fm,

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Catherine said...

This wait is t-o-u-g-h! I understand your feelings completely. Some referral days I feel like a yo-yo as my feelings go from excitement for the new parents to the sadness and questioning of when will it be my turn and then back up again. I must drive others crazy!

Happy 22nd. It's a long, long time to wait but happy for you that you have those 22 months behind you.

Catherine
LID 03/23/06...1 1/2 months LID behind you and 6 referral months behind you? LOL!