Sunday, December 30, 2007

Predictions 2008

And the winner of the Presidential election will be.....

No, I'm not making THOSE kinds of predictions! Although if my friend Nancy has anything to do with it, her great friend from her days at Harvard Law and Law Review will be our next President... she was with Barack in Chicago when he announced his candidacy and has campaigned tirelessly for him all year. No matter where your loyalties lie, it's wonderful to see people who are true believers out there working hard for what they believe in and making sacrifices for something bigger than themselves, the future of our country! I'm proud of my friend Nancy!

Now, onto the predictions for referrals 2008:

The CCAA has referred an average of 100 RQ families per month so I'm basing this on the latest RQ poll.

REFERRAL
MONTH LID DATE
January - December 19, 2005 (60 families)
February - December 25, 2005 (132 families)
March - December 31, 2005 (101 families)
April - January 6, 2006 (101 families)
And here's where I have a good case and a bad case scenario
May - January 12, 2006 (131 families) or January 11, 2006 (77)
June - January 19, 2006 (105) or January 15, 2006 (93)
July - January 26, 2006 (114) or January 23, 2006 (111)
August - February 6, 2006 (99) or February 5, 2006 (92)
September - February 12th + (84+) or February 11, 2006 (104)

As yucky as these predictions are, hopefully they are realistic. What happened to the CCAA promising they would start referring 15 day batches? Oh yeah, the same thing that happened when they promised a 12 month wait time and said 24 months was unacceptable...

My hopes for a May or June referral have been dashed. I now think it'll be either August or September. That means our third homestudy. Our social worker is practically a member of the family at this point!

4 comments:

chad-roscoe said...

Wow. That's really good info. If you have to do your 3rd HS then I won't mind so much doing mine.
Hope you have a happy new year's eve guys!
xx~
D&D

Alyson and Ford said...

Oh no.....more renewals!! How many times do they need our fingerprints?
Your predictions are sad for all of us but with what information you have, you did a great job.
Happiness to you for 2008.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Rosie said...

Maybe I'm thick here or just because I'm an English lass ..who is Barak? Is he a Demo or Rep?
Well done to your friend..Nancy.Hate to say this but her name reminds me of Oliver..sorry..Happy 2008.I do hope you get your referral this year..HUGS

C's Mom said...

AAAAARRRRGGHHHH.....what more can I say?

Referral reality bites.