Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kavanna is talking!


Kavanna is always in motion, even while wearing Mommy's flip flops!

So cute!
Kavanna has been talking for a while. Some of her words are absolutely correct and some of them are hilarious interpretations.

Her first word: Ariel (pronounced "Ay-el")

What she says perfectly: mommy, dada, more, no, hello, apple. And did I mention her favorite word, "no"?

Also:
A cow says "booooo" instead of "moo".
A cat says "now" instead of "meow"
Juice is "jew" (well, when she yells "Jew" in our house she's always right!)
A phone is a "hello"
A puppy is a "buppy"
When something falls, it's "uh-oh!"
A bottle is a "baba"
Her blanket is "nana"
Best of all, "I love you" is "Ah luh ooooo"

She has created her own sign language.:
An attempt to snap her fingers means, "put on some music"
Pointing to a couch or a chair means, "sit here, now"
Making a sign for milk, followed by touching her ear means she wants her formula, as opposed to milk. She came up with this at 12 months. She has a bottle at night which David would make and bring into the bedroom. I'd wait with her and put my hand to my ear, telling her, "Let's listen for Daddy".
One day she was signing for milk so I gave her some milk, which she rejected. She made the milk sign, followed by touching her ear, to let me know exactly which kind of milk she wanted. Brilliant!



5 comments:

chad-roscoe said...

She is uber-brilliant! Well, she would have to be to keep up with her good looks! We just love seeing her, and hearing her speak too!
xo~
Auntie Di & Auntie Dave too!
(hee hee hee!)

DBW said...

Oh my goodness, I thought Frances was the only brilliant genius baby... now there are two. You should post flip videos of this... she will laugh about it later on. (I say this knowing I should take my own advice!)

DBW said...

Oh, how many kinds of milk do you have on offer?

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very cute!

Laura said...

Ha,ha -- I think Kristina and Kavanna were sharing notes back in June! Isn't it just so precious to hear them speak? I try to get some of it on video so I can remember what her sweet voice sounds like before she gets all grown up. BTW: Kavanna is beautiful and looks soooo happy!

Shane was sick Friday so Joni and I didn't meet. We'll *all* have to get together soon. Miss you!

~Laura