Sunday, March 12, 2006

Rumors!!




Rumor: 1. a story in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts. 2. common hearsay

Lately I cannot get enough of adoption rumors. Every time I turn on the computer and eagerly check my sources (various yahoo groups, the MSN Adopting from China website and the China Adoption Forums). I'm like a bloodhound searching for a scent... a pig nosing for truffles in some muddy French field... you get the idea. Hmmm, perhaps I should use a more compelling metaphor. Okay, here goes: I'm like Carrie from Sex And The City trying to find a Manolo Blahnik sale. Or a decent guy. But I digress....

Yes, I am obsessed with the latest rumors, specifically those that pertain to referrals. Recently I found a new blogsite that fuels my addiction. It's called In Search Of Rumors and it's as addictive as chocolate. I can always find something to add to my preoccupation. Will the wait extend to 18 months, as a Swedish agency has reported? Or will it speed up again, as others are predicting? Only time will tell.

In the meantime, all we have are rumors. Heard anything lately????

1 comment:

LedaP said...

those rumors are depressing...we haven't even gotten our LID yet, and I almost wish I hadn't come across that site. I just hope something positive happens soon to turn around all that negativity!

We are also in Southern CA - Chula Vista! Good luck with your adoption journey!