Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Sad Day...

March 14, 2006 was our due date. Part of me mourns our loss and feels sad for what might have been, for the precious life we had so briefly and then lost. The moment when we saw that terrible stillness on the ultrasound was the worst experience of my life and David's. Yet everything we went through brought us to where we are today, focusing on the future, not the past. We didn't know it at the time but that terrible day was the first step on this journey to Kavanna. Today is difficult but it will bring us closer to tomorrow... and to our daughter in China.

2 comments:

Christi and Abbey said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You have had the strength to stand up and move forward. I think your experience as a parent will mean so much to you after all you've been through. And I am so happy that you are on your way!

Alyson and Ford said...

God's Love & Peace upon your family always.

Truly sorry...
Love,
Alyson & Ford