Monday, May 15, 2006

Brown Envelope!









The United States Consulate General in Guangzhou officially knows we exist! We received the "brown envelope" today, which included a case number and paperwork (Petitian to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative) which we will fill out in China. A lot of the paperwork is in both Chinese and English, which somehow seemed to make this adoption seem more real, if that makes sense.

I posted recently on a message board that sometimes this seems as if this adoption is just a dream, and that it will never actually happen. Sometimes I'm afraid something will go wrong and this will just be another terrible disappointment. Probably my way of protecting myself, after losing a pregnancy that took so much to create, but it's a hard feeling to shake. Like in "The Lost Daughters of China" when the author is afraid of angering the gods by buying baby stuff. I can totally relate to that!!

The brown envelope is so tangible and real, and it's making the adoption seem more real, too.

7 comments:

Christi and Abbey said...

Yay! It's another step in your journey : )

Elle said...

Congratulations! I got mine too!!

Mary said...

Congrats!

Mel said...

Woo-hoo! I'm glad you are making tangible progress.

Mel =)

Amy said...

Congrats! It's the best, isn't it!?! Amy

Alyson and Ford said...

We love the color brown!

C's Mom said...

Hah - I'm so happy to find I am not the only one to take pictures of an envelope!

Keeping fingers crossed that things will speed up for us ;0)

Love your blog!