Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Impatient Rose















The name of the flower suits my mood. If there was a such thing as a "heartsick" rose or a "defeated" rose or a "really pissed off" rose or a "frustrated" rose, I could make a whole bouquet. Basically, the reason for my distress is that the CCAA has just announced they have matched families with LIDs through June 15, 2005. Nine days of referrals this time. Part of me is truly thrilled for those families and happy for them that their wait is over. And, okay, I'll say it: I'm highly envious! The other part of me just wants to scream in frustration. Not only are we facing the probability of an 18 month wait (minimum), we'll have to go back into paperwork hell again, redoing fingerprints, our homestudy, our I-171H, which is incredibly stressful and costly and makes me feel as if we're sliding backwards instead of going foward. It's as if someone is dangling a proverbial carrot in front of us and just keeps moving it away as we get closer.

AGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling down today. The ups and downs of this process can really take a toll on us at times. But I do like your analogy with the names of roses!!! :)

S. Meissner said...

I am so sorry that the wait is stretching. I keep praying that this is temporary and that things will speed up soon!

It's easy for me to tell you to hang in there. I can only imagine your frustration. Know that there are many of us "out there" praying for you and for all of the families waiting for their children.

Alyson and Ford said...

The rose is beautiful, just like our daughters...

We'll get there. Really we will.

God's Peace upon your family always.

Mel said...

I'm sorry that they are being so incredibly slow with the referrals. And having to redo costly paperwork just sucks!