Saturday, May 27, 2006


























THE GOOD: What is good about this wait? Well, uh…. thinking, here… (short pause for mental acrobatics) ...well, putting a positive spin on this extended wait, it gives us more time to accomplish things. We can complete our backyard rennovation. David and I can both finish our novels. We can leisurely prepare the nursery. We can save more money and thus justify business class tickets to China. I can knit/crochet even more hats and scarves to give to the orphanage. We can become fluent in Mandarin (and hope that Kavanna does not speak Cantonese!).

THE BAD: We want Kavanna (and possibly her sister) now!! Our family is ready to give love to our daughter/sister now. Waiting is emotionally stressful, and stress is unhealthy. Therefore it's detrimental to our overall emotional and physical well-being to wait.

THE UGLY: I have turned into an obsessive-compulsive addict. I keep telling myself not to go onto the Rumor Queen site. I'm quite stern with myself: DO NOT GO ON THE RUMOR QUEEN SITE. NOTHING HAS BEEN POSTED THERE. IT'S BEEN THREE MINUTES. THERE IS NO MORE NEWS. Then I convince myself that one little peek can't hurt. Just a quick look and I won't look again for at least an hour. Of course, it doesn't work out that way. When I'm not on the site, I'm wondering about the site. This, of course, creates stress (see above).

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Hi. I understand the stress and addiction you have with the RQ. After I took her off my bookmarks and bloglines, my stress levels went down. Not her fault, just that when you visit 10 times a day and you see bad news 10 times a day and then small additional bits of bad news are added, your morale can dip.