Thursday, June 01, 2006

Real live ladybugs!
























<----A REAL LADYBUG (and above)
















Since learning about the "good luck" aspect of ladybugs with respect to Chinese adoption (where does this idea come from; does anyone know???) I've seen ladybugs painted on vases, ladybug toys, ladybug art, ladybug clothing, but never a real, live ladybug... until now. Just in this past week we've seen two of them. One (above, fuzzily captured on my handy cell-phone) was walking - yes, walking - on the sidewalk, and wasn't too keen on getting photographed. David kneeled on the sidewalk trying to snap a photo of this moving target, looking as intent as a photographer at a Vogue shoot, I'm sure. We must have seemed way strange to passersby, aiming our camera at the sidewalk! The other ladybug landed on one of our screen doors. Somehow I only managed to capture half of it on film. Anyway, if ladybugs are a sign of good luck... BRING IT ON!!

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

I wish we could have been there to see David making the photo shoot!

Ladybugs. 2 sightings. I'd take it as a sign of good things to come...

fm

Carla said...

I've heard that the legend goes...one year there was a swarm of ladybugs that descended on the US. With the swarm came a large batch of referals and thus ladybugs bring referal was born.

Before I found this out about ladybugs and China adoption, I LOVED ladybugs. I had them all over my house, in the flowerbeds, pots, and watering cans. So imagine my surprise when we decided on looking into China Adoption (we were considering others as well). I felt that it truly was the "sing" that this was the way we were meant to be.

RicknJen said...

We sent my grandmother live ladybugs for her garden on mother's day - 4,500 of them! She loved it. I always feel lucky to find one in our yard.
Love your blog!! I'll keep in touch and let you know when we get our referral - please do the same. Good luck!
Jen & Rick