Saturday, June 17, 2006

Say Cheese!



Here's Ariel with our new friends Mai Ling and Gale. We first met in cyberspace (in the RQ's forum - thank you, Rumor Queen!) and got to meet in person this weekend. Their LID is close to ours, so we're hoping to be in China together next year!! We had so much fun meeting them and their friends. We can't wait to see them again!!



David and Nina in ancient Egypt... and for those who might notice that Nina and Ariel are wearing the same shirt, a strange thing has happened in our household. Ariel, who has a closet overflowing with clothes (overflowing onto the carpet, her bathroom floor, to such an extent that we now suspect her clothes may be dividing like amoebas and multiplying nightly, which explains the ever expanding nature of the overall pile) has no interest in her clothes. She likes Nina's clothes. She fits into Nina's clothes. Nina must now put some of her clothes onto the floor and hope they multiply so she can grow her wardrobe to keep up with Ariel!!


They did facial tattoos of snakes in Ancient Egypt. Who knew?!


Ariel and Stephanie at their booth...



My beautiful ancient Egyptian....

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

'Cleopatra' is lovely!

Hey, so nice to have the cyberpal get-together. I am certainly hoping to do the same with some of the wonderful people I have met in the online community one of these days. What a bunch of awesome people I have been lucky enough to come across!

Anonymous said...

Hey you,

Gale and I loved meeting you, David and Ariel. I loved hearing your story how you met, and I can't believe how much we had in common. You guys were so much fun -I wish you guys could have stayed longer! Also, I couldn't believe you knitted that beautiful hat. The next day, all of us were just amazed at your talent. Thank you again for being so kind and generous!

I know what you mean about the clothes. I'm a shoe freak. And, my friends' daughter, the one you met, wears the same size as me. Anyway, I get bored easily w/my shoes, so I'll give her some of mine, and then it gives me a good excuse to go buy something new. What can I say, I just love a good pair of shoes.
And, btw, you both look great in that top.... it just says, that Ariel has great taste in clothes....
Give a big hug to Ariel and David...xoxo Mei ling