Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy, happy day



Our homestudy update is (almost complete). YAYYYYYYY!!!! We were dreading it, as we mistakenly thought we'd have to do a whole new paperchase from the beginning. Turns out that's not the case. We sent copies of all our forms to the USCIS plus a hefty check (I've gotten used to those hefty checks - between the adoption and the bat mitzvah, we're parting with some serious moolah), and our social worker came to do the homestudy update and that's it. We have our physicals next week but aside from that, we're done.

Does a little voice in my head worry about the physicals? Am I afraid to "count my chickens"? As a self-diagnosed hypochondriac I confess I'm always worried about what might happen. So far, all that worry has gotten me nothing but post-stay-up-all-night-worrying fatigue. I'm trying a new tactic: only worry when there's something to worry about.

What a concept! So for now, I'm happy.

We figure we'll see Kavanna's face in about seven months. Seems like it's eons away. And it also seems as if it's right around the corner.

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

I love the idea of 'only worry when there is something to worry about'. Now...if I can just put it into practice.

It's a bit odd considering the wait, yet, I agree that 7 months does seem right around the corner in many ways.

I'll start my updating and muchas dinero checks very soon.

chad-roscoe said...

God Bless you for doing it first! Now the rest of us know we'll survive. We are just about to start ours.... YUCK! I have been dreading it.
7 months 'till Kavanna? Wow! That seems amazing to think about. Do you know how fast those lucky little 7 will go? OMG!!!
xx~
D&D

Valerie said...

Thought I'd check in on your blog. Seven months is nothing! Somewhere in China, right this minute there is a sweet little girl sitting in a crib dreaming about you...

This blog entry is reminiscent of our conversation at breakfast, isn't it? Topic: messing with a good thing. You're moving in the right direction as I have to. Our lives are 1000x richer with Ariel and Nick in them and will be exponentially more so with more kids to love!