Sunday, April 15, 2007

What will she look like?



Hi, my name is Nina and I am NOT addicted to the China Adopt Talk site. Yes, I have conquered my addiction to the Rumor Queen. It is just not healthy for me to be on that site. Reading the posts causes anxiety, depression and triggers feelings of helplessness. Basically, RQ is bad for my emotional health and I've gone cold turkey. You know how addictions have a tendancy to transfer? There's a joke that AA meetings are filled with chain-smoking people drinking cup after cup of coffee or post-bariatric patients get addicted to shopping. Well, I've transfered my addiction as well: I am now addicted to family adoption websites. I can spend hours on My Adoption Website or The Story of You (see sidebar for link at your own risk!). It got me wondering what Kavanna will look like, what part of China will she be from, what will her temperment be... and of course, WHEN WILL WE MEET HER? (Ooops, I digress. Clearly I'm still suffering from post-RQ emotional trauma.) Kind of like any pregnancy... you think about your baby... this is just a different kind of pregnancy, which someday will be over. Talk about overdue!!

8 comments:

C's Mom said...

I wonder the same things quite often. How old will she be when we meet? When is her birthdate? Will she have a goofy sense of humor?

I, err..Jadyn, also have that very doll. Love it.

Alyson and Ford said...

We are most curious about her age as we were told we must accept a daughter up to age 36 months...
We want to start singing Happy Birthday to her....

Alyson

chad-roscoe said...

I agree w/ you on the RQ. Sooo stressful on that darn forum. But sooo hard to resist.
Dim sum? Anytime. :) Free this Sunday? I am hungry!
xx~
Di

Johnny said...

Congrats on the wean. The RQ is good for when you know it's your month.

kitchu said...

All that wondering will one day be a distant memory as you marvel at this incredible child of yours.

Now if only that CCAA would just speed it up a bit.

Rosie said...

I try to keep away from RQ..but its hard.Yes its better not to know and live the lives we have today..the present.We will be going to China in 2009..its hard to swallow..I thought 2008 was long..but that sounds good now.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

OMG Nina - I could have written this. The Russian adoption site is the FRUA (Familes for Russian and Ukrainian Adoptions). I know that I have to quit this cold turkey. My feelings are exactly the same as yours -- see my blog post entitled "am I addicted to bad news".

I cannot pull myself away from it. I log on daily and spend WAY too much time on this site. It usually just serves to terrify me more.

My friends that adopted from Russia did so without the internet. Can you imagine that? And guess what, everything turned out just fine...

Valerie