Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Change is good



When Ariel was nine years old she went through a goth stage (yes, she's always been ahead of her time) and I let her dye her hair blue. Just my personal belief, but think it's good for kids to express their individuality. As long as it's not a permanent thing like a tattoo, no harm done. She also got the goth thing out of her system early. A few weeks ago we saw a punked-out teenager at the mall and Ariel whispered to me, "Been there, done that... when I was ten!" When she's a teenager she'll probably rebel by doing something really radical, like...

Become a Republican! (a la Alex Keaton in Family Ties, if anyone remembers that old show)

She recently decided to color her hair a deep red. Here's the result. Now her hair fits her feisty personality!!

5 comments:

M said...

Love the color! It looks great! I agree about letting kids express themselves - in non-permanent ways...wonder what "expressions" lies ahead with our future new additions?

C's Mom said...

She's a beautiful girl and that fiery hair looks lovely with her skin.

Valerie said...

Wow - I cannot belive how beautiful she's getting Nina!
Valerie

p.s. Check out our new blog:
http://www.fromrussiaforlove.blogspot.com

Mel said...

It looks awesome! I was a dyed redhead for many, many years. I also believe in expressing personality.

Anonymous said...

She looks great! I haven't checked in for awhile...