Sunday, May 06, 2007

15 Month LID Anniversary

Whoo-hooo. Or is it, boo-hoo?

We are anticipating our referral in ten months. We've basically been saying this the entire time we've been waiting. No matter how much time passes, we are still ten months away from referral, a year away from welcoming Kavanna into our family. It's like some surreal Twilight Zone episode.

I decided not to put my life on hold. I just applied to a doctoral program that starts in September. Watch, the speed-up will happen just as I'm about to start classes (presuming I get accepted, that is!).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time isn't what it seems in this wait, is it? It's been freakin' weird. (I'm practicing some different swears).

That's awesome that you're going back to school!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations! On the LID and going after your doctorate. It's all good...

fm

Anonymous said...

I soooooo agree. I feel like I have been saying "this time next year" forever.

Congrats.

C's Mom said...

At least it is 15 behind.

Of course, it may speed up when we make those kind of plans. Poetic justice so 'they' say.

chad-roscoe said...

PhD? Wow! I salute you. I would love to be Dr. Di, but I just cannot stomach the thought of all those papers, and I teach paper-writing.
I hear you on the surreal stuff. My mama asked me today if DH & I wouldn't be just fine w/o a child. Do we really need one?
Um.... yes.
Cuckoo, right?
But that is what life is like
inside
the twighlight zone!
xx~
di

Christie said...

Happy 15 months - hang in there - and you're right...don't wait around, do those classes and busy your time with accomplishing. That's been my motto for months, even though I have been known to wail a little about the injustice of it all...

Take care,
cb

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Congrats to you for moving forward with this big idea!

On another note, I heard that Ariel's bat mitzvah was great. LOVED the favor!! I was hoping to read more about it on your blog...

Rosie said...

Gosh 15 months!!