Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our amazing friend Di...

When we started this journey to Kavanna we thought we were just adopting a baby from China. Turned out we were joining a community of people around the world and that our lives would be enriched not only by the addition of our wonderful daughter, but by the people we've met on our journey. One of them is Sophie's mom, Di.

Some of you may know Di because she and her husband Dave began the petition which successfully helped keep a lot of people's adoptions on track. She's also a talented writer and baby-clothes designer and professor... and more. Somewhere out is a baby who will be lucky enough to have her as a mommy. David and I have really enjoyed getting to know Di and Dave over the last couple of years and we're really happy that we're now practically neighbors.

As I write this, Di is at my house taking care of Kavanna while David tries to meet a work deadline imposed on him suddenly (a project due in three weeks is now due on Friday). And when I say Di is "taking care of Kavanna", I don't mean playing nice little games of pattycake. I mean, holding Kavanna and rocking her as she screams her little lungs out. Kavanna is feeling better physically but she wants to be with her daddy, who needs to meet his deadline.

Di read my blog post earlier and called me to volunteer her help... Amazing!!

Di, I can't thank you enough. You rock!! And we owe you dim sum in Chinatown every Sunday for a year :).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more...Di (and Dave) both ROCK!!!

Johnny said...

A friend in need, is a friend indeed and in-deed.

Alyson and Ford said...

What a great and loving thing for someone to do. And the beauty part is knowing that you guys have the hearts to do the same and will...
peace
fm

chad-roscoe said...

Aww, you are too sweet! Really, the fun was all mine. I loved doing it. No dim sum needed either. :)
We just love you guys is all.
xx~
Di

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

What a great friend!

I am sorry that Kavanna was so sick! I hope she's better by now!

Laura said...

Hope your princess is feeling better. :)

Everyone needs a Di...how blessed you are!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

Is everyone okay?

International Adoption Agencies said...

Reading your post made me impressed. Good writing skills made me understand all your thoughts and ideas. Keep it up!