Wednesday, April 08, 2009

morning photo shoot

"Again with the camera??  Mommy (or as Kavanna calls me, "Da Da"), enough!" 

If someone asks Kavanna where Mommy is, she'll point to me or hug me, but she calls me "Da Da".  I'm getting a complex :)  She calls Ariel "Ay-El" and she calls David "Da Da".  She also notifies us when she has a poopy diaper and barks when she sees a dog.  She's a constant source of entertainment.
"You want me to smile?  Is that it?"
"Okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Update on Ariel:  she has a giant boot cast thing on her leg and has to go to physical therapy for six weeks, but the silver lining is she doesn't have to go to P.E. so she's happy.  The boot simply does not go with her outfits, and it's heavy to clunk around in, but she's got a good attitude about it.  

7 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Kavanna is just too adorable!

Anonymous said...

Well she is just simply the cutest thing ever. I am a lurker who lives in Westlake and found you through one of my friends who adopted two boys from China. Kavanna is getting more pretty by the minute. Giselle Bundchen - look out!

Andy said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog. It will be fun to follow your daughter as she grows up.

-Andy and Susie

C's Mom said...

She is just so cute...that smile!

Glad Ariel is hanging in with a good attitude about things. She's find a way to make a fashion statement out of that boot!

Tiffany said...

She is getting so big....and so cute!

Billy and Maggie said...

She is so big and beautiful!! Hope her leg is okay.

Dita said...

My 18 month old daughter does the SAME thing with the DaDa. She calls my husband DaDa and my son by his name but for me....she also says DaDa...however, when someone says where's Mama she points to me!

Kavanna is just such a darling!