Friday, July 07, 2006

Five Months Since LID!




Yesterday was the five month anniversary of our LID. That means we're officially in our sixth month of waiting! Yeah! Yay! In some ways that five months has seemed like a very long time. Yet it also seems to have gone by fairly quickly.

One question has kept popping into my mind during this time (not, "What is the meaning of the universe?"... not, "Is it possibly to care any less about Jennifer Aniston's state of mind? (really, Jen, you're not the only woman in the world who's gotten divorced, and jeez I'm sick of hearing about you)"... not even, "Why would anyone eat candy that doesn't involve chocolate?").

The question is: has Kavanna been born yet?

I always had the sense that she had not been born. In the last couple of weeks, however, I definitely had a different feeling. So here's my psychic prediction: I believe Kavanna was born in late June.

Which brings me to your psychic predictions about our LID. According to the last poll, 45% of you think we'd get our referral next April and 55% think it will be June. Pretty close. My secret (well, not anymore) fantasy is that the CCAA catches up in the Fall. The September batch of LIDs is relatively small, as is December and January. Plus, the Hunan orphanages will once again have paper ready children ready for adoption around October/November.

So my second psychic prediction is: the wait will go to 14-15 months or so and then catch up, keeping the wait to around 12-13 months, which means a referral for us in February/March.

Of course, I thought Superman would tank, so what do I know?!! (that was before I saw it, and it was a lot of fun)

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Predictions, predictions. It will be fun to see how close we can be. I am still keeping the hope for a March 07 referral if not sooner! Time will tell. I've also had the feeling that Jadyn has been born. I'm looking forward to finding out how much wishful thinking that feeling has been.

Anonymous said...

You're too funny re J.A., but the second question is does does baby Suri, acutally exist? And, questioning the stars, how do some of these celebs have their adoptions completed so quicky! Oh, I forgot, they're celebs, and I'm just a mere mortal- waiting mom to be... I'm rooting for an April referral...

Alyson and Ford said...

January 2007 Referral.

We believe our Alyzabeth has been born. Maybe you will recall our "white swan" post. The swan has returned only once since. We viewed the reappearance to be Alyzabeth's birthday. (ps: we know we sound strange, humor us, please.)

Back to the referral. We're holding fast to the 12 month from LID timeframe. Our prediction is for October to be the beginning of full month referrals.

fm

Mel said...

I hope your psychic predictions come true! And I definitely hope that the system starts speeding up again.

Amy said...

I remember that things really changed after I knew that more than likely Anna had been born and was waiting in China. Even without a face your heart aches to know and go get your child!
When we got home we would have Anna in all pink or purple, pink coat and she would still be called a boy. It had to have been the hair! Sometimes it was almost too funny. Blessings as you wait. Amy

Mama Melissa said...

Congrats on the LID! :) I'm at 8 months an ask myself the same kinds of questions all the time!!

Melissa
LID 10/31/05

PS. You've Been TAGGED!!! (see my blog for details)