Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rent!






Ariel's biggest passion in life is musical theater (She said to me recently, "Mom, theater is my life. I mean it!!"). She's spending her summer in theater camp preparing for an upcoming production and has gone swimming only a couple of times this summer - a mark of true dedication, considering what a little fish she is. David mentioned her dedication and passion to a friend who's working with the producer of Rent, and asked if we could perhaps get an autograph from one of the leads, knowing that would thrill Ariel beyond measure. A few weeks later the cast and crew of "Rent" (the touring cast) sent a coffee table book all about Rent, signed by each of them, with personalized notes to Ariel. She was stunned and amazed, as were we.

Sometimes people go the extra mile for no other reason than it will bring a smile to a child's face and delight to her heart. Thank you to the touring company of "Rent"!!

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Very cool! From the look on her face she will surely treasure that surprise :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a memorable gift! She's already a "Star" in my book! Ariel truly does posses the talent and the dedication which is needed to pursue her dream. And, I know you and David are such a great inspiration for her, to achieve her goal. Give her a big hug from me and look forward someday seeing her perform. xoxo me

RicknJen said...

That is so awesome! Something tells me that you are the kind of people that make people smile on a daily basis - you've been so sweet to us! :)
Jen & Ricka