Thursday, July 13, 2006

I've been tagged!!

Okay, I'll admit it... when I was tagged, I groaned internally. Normally I like making these kinds of lists about as much as I like the thought of playing with snakes (which is to say, not at all!). But having done it, I'm glad I did. Kind of an interesting exercise...

Things I'd like to do before I die:
Become a mom again
Write and publish a novel (or more)
Get my PhD in clinical psychology
Go on an African safari
See the pyramids
Learn Mandarin
Learn French

Things I cannot do well:
Cook
Math
Tolerate ignorance/selfishness/cruelty
Ignore rude drivers
Keep my garage organized
Gardening
Deal with bureaucracy

Things I can do:
Empathize
Love
Laugh heartily
Bake brownies
Write
Knit/crochet
Put together an outfit
Be loyal
Be tenacious

Things that attracted me to my husband:
Intelligence
Wit
Insight into himself and others
Humor
Sensitivity
Compassion
Warmth
Those incredible blue eyes
The amazing bond he had with Ariel
The fact that he's a hottie didn't hurt, either!!

Books I love:
Any novel that features Sherlock Holmes, written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or not
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Most of Ian Fleming's James Bond novels
Nearly everything Raymond Chandler wrote
Nearly everything Dashiell Hammett wrote
Nearly everything Ross Macdonald wrote
Nearly everything Agatha Christie wrote
The Eight
The Agony and the Ecstasy

Movies I love:
North By Northwest
Rear Window
Rebecca
To Catch A Thief
Vertigo
Dial M For Murder
Charade
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Lethal Weapon I & II
Beverly Hills Cop
48 Hours
La Femme Nikita

5 comments:

Mama Melissa said...

Thanks for participating! :) I have two other favorite movies you reminded me of - Rear Window and Breakfast and Tiffany's!! I forgot about those. I love, love, love Rear Window, the original one. :) I took an Alfred Hitchcock class in college, believe it or not, and it is my favorite of his movies. Vertigo was pretty good, though, too! :)

Melissa
LID 10/31/05

Anonymous said...

I know you will become a mom before 200, you should definitely write that novel because,anything you would write would be interesting, go on that safari (we went last year, I can recommend) see the pyramids, and learn as many languages as you want. Now, as for pet peeves, I know what you mean re rude drivers, the one's that don't turn their blinkers on drive me crazy....and, I of course love anything by Hitchock, but what is the trashiest novel, do you like? collins, steel?

Cavatica said...

I just discovered your blog from KACAF. Do you mind if I put a link to your blog from mine?

Cavatica said...

Hi ~ I just linked your blog to mine and I'd be very happy if you did the same. It'll be nice to follow each other's journeys. BTW, I work in the psychology field too. I have an MS in clinical psych - I'm a cognitive therapist working in neuropsych. One of the things I like about your blog is the links to sites that deal with adoption issues and research. Good stuff. Thanks! I already added a link to the transracial adoption site.

Dawn S. said...

Nina,

I just found your blog and read through the entire thing. You have such a great sense of humor, I really enjoyed myself.

We were logged in on March 13, so are just a bit behind you.

Take care,
Dawn Shelton
Minneapolis, MN
www.dawnshelton.com
thesheltonfamily.blogspot.com