Tuesday, August 08, 2006



We're six months into the wait. Or as I prefer to put it, we're in our seventh month! Total regression time in terms of this countdown. Remember being a little kid and insisting, "I'm not six years old - I'm six and a quarter!" Yes, that extra quarter (or in our case, two days) make all the difference in the world.

A more adult voice in my head says, "Yes, but are we halfway into the wait? Or a quarter of the way into the wait? Or...." (in a dark, highly doubtful tone, naturally)

And then I clap my hands over my ears, stick out my tongue and shout, "Shut up!"

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Huh, what's that you say? I hear that we are at HALFWAY there. Funny, that seems to be all I can hear ;0)

Christi and Abbey said...

I so understand this. Another friend had me linked to her blog and listed me as an August LID, so I emailed her to let her know I am July. Then she posted that I was 2006 and I let her know it was 2005. I totally understand about wanting to get every minute of wait time acknowledged!!
Someone said to me yesterday, "oh, it's just like being pregnant and not knowing when the baby is coming." I bit my tongue and refrainded from saying, "Yes, it's just the same if you've been pregnant for 18 months!!!!!!!!!!" I started this February of 2005.

Alyson and Ford said...

The wait has been long. We thought we would know our new daughter by picture by now. It could be another 6 months! We can be happy though, that we are already in the process and our happiness will be complete when we have her.
Good luck through the wait. We will be praying for all our families.