Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How Will You Use The Wait????

I've been in a world class FUNK for a while now. My mind (and heart) has been swirling with all kinds of egregiously dark thoughts and feelings. Look up "down in the dumps" and you'll see my photo.

Basically, I've been wallowing about in exquisite agony. Fine, if I were a character in a Jane Austen novel. But is it appropriate for a woman in the 21st century? Not so much.

Today I just decided to snap the hell out of it. I'm going to use this time productively 'cause when Kavanna comes home I won't have the luxury of doing... well, much of anything, probably. So here's my plan: (in no particular order)

1. Clean out the garage. We have a three car garage that presently fits one vehicle. That's just not right! We've lived here nearly two years. It's time. And I have time.

2. Finish my novel. I have 273 pages completed. I'm close to the finish line and it's time to get this bad boy done.

3. Complete our backyard renovation aka get rid of the frigging koi pond, which is now minus fish (and water, and no, we didn't eat them - although they always looked like sushi to me) but still a monstrosity that takes up too much of our yard.

4. Take a dance class with my husband. Ah, the tango... I picture me in a dress with a plunging neckline, lots of eyeliner, a smoke-filled room (okay, scratch that, it's Los Angeles and nobody smokes), red lipstick and my dashing handsome husband sweeping me across the dance floor... So much more fun than wallowing.

5. Take an oil painting class. Always wanted to do that.

That's how I'm going to use my time during this wait. What about you out there in cyberland? How are you going to make the best of this wait???

11 comments:

C's Mom said...

I'm painting and buying everything in sight!!

Hmmm....and I was thinking I WANTED a Koi pond....not a good experience?

Joannah said...

First, I have to finish my master's, then I have several home improvement projects to tackle.

Kim M. said...

You go girl. Way to pull out of it! You are setting a good example to the rest of us!!!!

Tammy said...

Oil painting & dancing sound like lots o' fun.

A busy schedule will probably be your best friend while you wait.

Kim M. said...

Nina,
I hope you don't mind, I'm going to add you to my links on my blog under Precious Pandas!

Kim M.

Mama Melissa said...

I've been working on my family room. I repainted it and had new carpet laid. I'm going to get my wardrobe organized and get started on the baby's room... i even thought i might take a Chinese class. I need to start her baby quilt and get my sewing room organized again, too. Oh, and figure out how I want to handle having a TV in her room... or not. and then getting the satellite updated to another room or two. Boring, eh?!

Hang in there. We'll get through this sooner or later...(she says hoping and praying)

Peace.
Melissa
LID 10/31/05
babyheaton.blogspot.com

Cavatica said...

Great post!!! Love the tango idea. I have only one celebrity fantasy ~ to tango with Arnold Schwarzenegger like in True Lies. Okay, embarrassing... don't tell anyone.

I'm gonna keep trying to learn Chinese and keep getting the house ready for a baby. We're really trying to open our world to others adopting from China and Chinese-Americans since we'll soon be a Chinese-American family. Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Eating.
(Hmm, maybe thats not such a good idea)

More meditation and studying Eastern Philosphy.
And eating.
Ugh.

Mary said...

realisticly...I'll probably just whine and complain..LOL while tryng to not think about the wait.

RicknJen said...

Sending you big ((hugs))!!!! :)
Jen

Anonymous said...

I will join you on cleaning out the garage...I started cleaning out our 2 car garage that fits NO cars today! :) It feels so great to see the floor now after working for 3 1/2 hours. I got a long way to go. Cheering you on and with you in spirit.
LID May 15, 2006