Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby furniture!



There's a room in our house that we've been calling "the nursery".  Recently that room has been painted and reconfigured, with new floor moldings installed, all in preparation for a new occupant.  Today for the first time I called the nursery "Kavanna's room" and realized that she's really coming into focus for us...  we don't know what she looks like, but she's definitely becoming more real.  After nearly three years of waiting for "our baby in China" we are getting very close to bringing Kavanna home.   She  is vivid in our hearts!

An empty room will simply not do.  We took the plunge and ordered these pieces.  I liked that they are classic yet stylish.  

I can't wait to take a photo of Kavanna in that crib.  

Kavanna, your room awaits (even though the crib will be in our room, of course!)

8 comments:

C's Mom said...

Beautiful! Kavanna will soon be enjoying that lovely furniture.

I have a very similar armoire in J's 'big girl' room and I love it.

I am getting so excited once again.

chad-roscoe said...

Beautiful furniture! I am so excited to see Kavanna's room when it's finished. Keep us updated.
What color did you paint?
xx~
D&D

Alyson and Ford said...

"Today for the first time I called the nursery "Kavanna's room" and realized that she's really coming into focus for us"...

And get use to saying it because that day is truly just around the corner. It's happening and what a celebration it's going to be :)
The furniture looks great btw...
peace
fm

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful - I love it, even more than the other crib, which I know you yearned for, but hopefully you don't have to a long wait for these to arrive - when? And, do you have any other art pieces you are placing on the wall - I love your new acquisition of the vintage poster - how are you accessorizing?? smooches to you all

Alyson and Ford said...

We tagged you.... please check our blog.

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Anonymous said...

I am getting so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

This baby room looks very pretty and Like your concept of baby furniture!!

Basket full o' Plums said...

Hi Nina!! It's getting so very close for your referral!! I check every month to see if it's your "turn". It's so exciting to see all the families get matched and I'm looking forward to seeing who your Kavanna will be!
Take care,
Laura H.
(met at dim sum way back when...)