Wednesday, August 06, 2008

2.5 Year LID Anniversary


(HAPPY MUSIC)  Sounds filter in.  Voices saying things like:  "Whoo-hooo.  Two and a half years, baby.  Yeah!  That's what I'm talking about!

And another anniversary - three years to the date since we started the application process.  Wow!!!!  Par-teee."

Wait.

SCRATCHY SOUND OF MUSIC COMING TO ABRUPT HALT.

This is not an anniversary that I want to celebrate.  Not at all.  

And yet there is much to celebrate, nonetheless.

During this two and a half years/three years (two anniversaries in one day, wow) I've learned just how connected David and I are (not that I had any doubts) and how we help each other through anything, no matter what.  I'd like to celebrate some wonderful new friends that I've made through this process, who I'd never have met otherwise.  I'd like to celebrate how inclusive and supportive the adoption community is, which makes me really happy.   I'd also like to celebrate that soon referrals will come and new families will be created and expanded.

CUE HAPPY MUSIC AGAIN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, TOO! Words can not express how much you have helped me go through the joys and saddness that I've had experienced through these "times/years, who's counting". Actually, I found a pic of us, and I'm sending it to you. Really, Nina, you are such a "special, and thoughtful friend", and I feel very, very fortunate to have discovered you, as I did. On the internet - who knew - love you lots, Mei Ling

Alyson and Ford said...

Aren't our bloggy friends wonderful! We have learned so much and enjoyed reading about the journeys.
I know you turn will be next month, thank you for keeping positive and happy.

Alyson LID 01/27/06

chad-roscoe said...

Yay! We're so glad we know you guys!
xx~
D&D

Rosie said...

Its been great to know you all the way over in sunny California.Isn't the net great.
I so excited about your referral.