Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to school shopping!!


When I'm thinking about The Wait, time seems to slow to an interminable crawl.  

When I'm shopping for First Day Of School Clothes with Ariel, time goes by as quickly as Usain Bolt on the 200 meter race.  Or any race, for that matter.  I know this because we spent five hours - yes, FIVE HOURS - at the mall yesterday!!    

We had a goal in mind.  Our thoughts were focused.  Our mission was to find the perfect outfit for the first day of high school.  We succeeded in our mission.  This photo was taken at the finish line - er, the end of the day.   

Can you tell I watched wayyyyy too much Olympics??


5 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Oh I am so thankful that my kids don't care what they wear to school. I am sure my decathlon shopping trips with Dori are in our future, but for now we don't even make it past the prelims!

We are loving the Olympics and I just might shed a tear when they extinguish the flame tonight. (OK...we know that the games have already been closed, but we are all on tape delay!)

kitchu said...

thanks for making me laugh, i think the rain finally got to me, I've been crying on and off all day over here!

you guys look so cute- glad you survived... i'm not good at the mall shopping thing!

chad-roscoe said...

I hear ya! Mom and I shopped like crazy, which I swear cut down the length of the visit by 3 days.
Um, may I ask, in that photo, are you wearing a sweater... in the valley... in August????
Sincerely yours~
WaLlOwiNg iN My oWn jUiCes fRoM tHe HeAt

Alyson and Ford said...

I should have watched more Olympics than I did... And I'm a horrible shopper in that if at all possible I do it online :)

There is nothing nice to say about The Wait but a certain peace does begin to come into the picture when you know they are in your LID month. And knowing your referral could easily be next creates an atmosphere of fun and excitement...
Enjoy...
peace
fm

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could have joined you two. I have such fond memories of shopping for back to school. Although, I'm sure my mom would have shared a different perspective. Anyway, hope you didn't forget the shoes... gotta have cute shoes...