Sunday, August 17, 2008

Where are you? What are you feeling?

David, Ariel and one of her friends are at an all-day concert listening to metal bands (not for me, thank you very much) which means I've been catching up on bills, puttering around, cleaning the garage... and thinking about... well, what else do I think about these days?

I'm thinking about Kavanna. It's 5:45 in the morning in China. She's probably sleeping. At least, I hope she's sleeping! Is she in an apartment with a foster family? Is she in a vast room crammed with iron cribs? What is her life like? What will the day bring her?

I hope there are people in her life who love her and make her feel special. I hope she knows the safety of a warm embrace. ... that she has enough food to eat and that she gets to play and laugh. At the same time I fear she is deprived of too many of these things that so many children take for granted.

It's disturbing and disconcerting to hear about what life in the orphanages is like, or read how some foster parents are loving and some are indifferent. So I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. No matter what Kavanna's circumstances are now, in a few months she'll be coming home to a family who loves her, unconditionally and absolutely.

In the meantime all I can do is wish her a happy day, a good day... and send her a kiss from my heart.   

I'd like to think that somewhere on the other side of the world, a baby is smiling in her sleep.  She doesn't know it, but she can feel those kisses from the heart.  She doesn't know why, but she's happy.  

Sweet dreams, Kavanna.    We're coming for you soon!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sniff.
Sweet dreams and happy days to your sweetie.

Weird to think that someone somewhere is working on paperwork that will change the lives of you and everyone you love. Neat.

kitchu said...

I love those times when it's all I can do not to think of her- it just makes me feel so much more connected, you know?

I so hope we see her face SOON... very, very soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm a RQ addict and that´s where I´ve seen your name. Anyway I'm from Europe and had a LID in oct 'o6 but changed to SN and is leaving to China in sept to get my SN boy who I already love as his sister does, she was adopted from China in 2005. I know how horrendous this wait has been but now your wait has nearly ended, so good luck and I wish all you guys happiness!!

Greetings
Sigga

chad-roscoe said...

That's very sweet, and I hope she is feeling your love coming her way.
xx~
Di

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Seems odd that we received our referral January 29, 2006 with our first daughter, and here I am reading your blog....still waiting. You're almost there.
Just so you know, I prayed often that our first daughter was loved, and she was, beyond my imagination. She was in an orphanage that was with Half the Sky, and her nanny was with her the entire 16 months before we united with her. When we visited the orphanage it was VERY apparent that her nanny was attached to her, and to this day we are eternally grateful to her nanny for giving her heart to our daughter for all those months.
Have faith, and realize that no matter the circumstances of the orphanages, most of the nannies give 110% of themselves to our children.
It's a hard wait, but know that now more than ever, the forces that are bringing you together are very strong. Imagine a bubble of love around her. It helps. I did that often, and our first daughter was very much blessed and protected.
Now on our long wait to our second daughter, LID April 07.