Sunday, July 06, 2008

2.41666667 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Today is our (see above) LID anniversary.  From February 6, 2006 to July 6, 2008 equals 2.4666667 years.  None of this 29 months nonsense.  When Ariel was 29 months old I said she was "almost two and a half" years old.  I did not say she was "29 months old."

So.  There it is.  Hopefully only one more month to go before our referral.

There are dire and gloomy predictions being posted on the message boards.  Some people fear that the CCAA will only get through January 2006 on the next batch (which translates to only two days of referrals and a measly 37 RQ families, according to her poll).  I, on the other hand, am staying positive (which may mean that my head is firmly buried in the sand and I'm oblivious to reality).  Here are my rosy predictions:

If the CCAA only does about 80 Rumor Queen families/month (less than current average despite this month's abysmal number):


August:  through 2/06

September:  2/13

October:  2/19

November:  2/24

December:  through Feb, into the beginning of March


If the CCAA does about 100 RQ families/month:  (which is more the norm)


August:  through 2/08

September:  2/16

October:  2/24

November:  March 2 or 3


Anybody with me?


9 comments:

C's Mom said...

Now that is some serious math for that LID anny. I just don't want to reach the value of pi ;0)

Seriously, I hope for you next month. It IS realistic. As for me, I'll be happy as a clam if I just see a picture this year. I'm not feeling all that firm about it though.

Anonymous said...

Yep...I am there with you. Anyway you show it I am in for an October referral. I have my rose colored glasses as I type!!!! Wanna borrow them? Oh I see you have your own pair..... ;)

chad-roscoe said...

Where can I get these rose-tinted glasses of which you all speak? I am rapidly aquiring presbyopia and need all the help I can get. I fear I'll be blind before Sophie is referred to us! Referral photos come in brail for the elderly, right?
xx~
di
now at 2 years 3 months of increasing blindness caused by scouring the adoption blogs! ;)

Melissa said...

Well it looks like we could be together! After missing it by 1 day I know I am in next month. If they do a real horrid month and you miss it then you will KNOW you are next!! I am staying positive and think they will get to 2/6!! Enjoy the feeling of being 4 weeks away!!

Ava's family said...

I'm right there with you on your math figures. With a March 8 LID I'm still "hoping" for a December or January referral.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you make it into the next batch.

Anonymous said...

I vote for August. There are so many cute things I am buying for Kavanna. xoxox (p.s. - I'll call you when I get back from NYC)

Anonymous said...

I usually don't follow under the norm, but, this time I hope we follow under RQ's norm - Anyway, will your agency let you know sometime in July, that you will be next. I do hope, pray, keep everything crossed, you will, oh, I Know you will. Btw, please post pics of your Kavanna's Room - love, ml

Anonymous said...

I agree with your math. My theory is that this dismal bunch is a result of the quake and prep for the Olympics. I think they are re-routing workers to take care of those things which decreases the number of matches made.

Also giving us a huge bunch of LIDs next month will keep us quiet while they do the Olympic thing.

Just my thoughts.

Rosie said...

Nina,not long now!!!!
Check out the music on my blog!