Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our latest purchase


This is our latest purchase, an Ergo baby carrier.  I've heard great things about it, and it's good for babies and toddlers alike.  We got the black one with green lining, so David aka Daddy can wear it, too.  He's not going to wear the flowery baby sling I also got :).

Or the reversible mai tai carrier I got a thousand years ago (okay, three) when we first started this process and I thought getting a baby-related item would make this adoption seem more "real".  

We may be about two weeks away from referral and it doesn't feel any more real.  I'm prepared for disappointment.  In my worst case scenario the CCAA refers only 1/26 and 1/27 and then does a whole lot of expedited referrals for people of Chinese descent.  The only good thing about that scenario is that we would KNOW without a doubt that we'd be next... and we could see Beijing because we'd be traveling in November.  

I always look for the silver lining.  If I didn't, I'd have exploded (or imploded) from pent-up frustration and the fury at feeling so powerless.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I want to buy mine, but I want the brown one and it seems to be unavailable at the moment! Unfortunately, I've got time to wait. I can't believe you are so close to a referral. I hope you guys are in the next batch!!!!!!!!!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

I'm down with David on the carrier. Green and black works for me...

We can relate to sitting on the referral bubble. Are we in? Will we just miss it? You want to be excited and at the same time you're preparing yourself for another month's Wait. Either way, its finally coming to an end for you guys!
peace
fm

kitchu said...

very nice, I'm borrowing one from a friend!

Anonymous said...

I think the black is pretty cool - but, then again I'm partial to wearing black. Here's to next week!!!!!

chad-roscoe said...

Let's see the mai tai. They look good to me.
Fingers and legs crossed (yes, I'm hopping around) that you are next!
xx~
Di

Ellen said...

Thinking about you and anxiously awaiting rumors, better yet referrals!

Unknown said...

Oh I cannot imagine how you must feel right now!

We are LID 3/22/06 and I am the ever optimist about this whole thing.

I keep saying to myself maybe we will get a huge batch after the Olympics and then we may get our referral by Christmas.

Yes my glasses are not only rose colored but more like burgundy but it helps.

I bet you will get your referral if not this time next time and the next thing you know there will be a beautiful baby on the way home to her forever family.

Char

Char