Thursday, July 31, 2008



Next Wednesday, August 6th, will be the three year anniversary of starting the adoption process. The first two years, eleven months and three weeks of the wait were frustrating and difficult, but manageable. This last week has been agony. The uncertainty is driving me nuts. I can think of little else. Last night I dreamed a friend got referred a two month old and we got a four year old. My thoughts are following me into my dreams. There's no escape from High Anxiety. Agghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Don't get me wrong; I'm thrilled to be anxious about being this close to referrals. It's a nice issue to have. But I'm really whacked out and wired all the time. It's like I have Red Bull running through my veins instead of red blood.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Its three years in March since we started!!!! Its just awful.
What keeps me going is seeing my blogger buddies have their referrals and you are NEXT!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeee!!

Rosie said...

oophs I mean we started in March 05,so when we have our referral in 2010 ...its five years...OMG,I will be grey!

Alyson and Ford said...

I SO wish for THE CALL next week. I think we've Waited long enough :)
peace
fm

chad-roscoe said...

one of my favorite mel brooks movies, but that's not helpful at all!
i sooo know what you mean about that kind of anxiety, and dreams, and I think i would be just as sleep deprived and anxious.
dave and i are thinking of you guys a lot and hoping for good things and baby sooooon!
xx~
D&D