Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Can't sleep...

Although she doesn't know it, Kavanna is waiting for us, just as we're waiting for her.  She's on the other side of the world, about 6000 miles away and soon (ahem, a relative term) we'll be together.  
I had to put our happy girl at the top of the blog.  I've been a frustrated mommy of late (feeling powerless is not fun) and looking at her face makes me smile. I hope she makes you smile, too.
Today Di and I got to meet our friend Val's daughter Milana, who she just adopted from Russia.  Milana is such a sweet, active, adorable little girl.   It was really striking what a perfect fit Milana is for Val and her family... There's a Hebrew word called b'sheret, which loosely translated means soulmate - but it doesn't have to be romantic.  It can also mean "meant to be."  Milana is definitely meant for Val... and I know in my heart that Kavanna is meant for us... it is b'sheret that we belong together. 
For everyone out there who's still waiting... for referral, CA, TA or an I-171H or 1-800 or anything... I feel your pain.    May you be united with your b'sheret very soon.  Big hugs to all!!





2 comments:

Stephe said...

You know... she has the sparkliest, prettiest eyes!!!!

chad-roscoe said...

What a sweet post. I know you are hurting during the wait, but so soon you will be united forever!
xx~
Di