Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's a miracle!!


Fluffy rug where the crib will eventually go.  


The bag is going to China and the box is from a portable DVD player is being charged.  Kavanna will have a cozy corner to play in.

The master bath was going to be a nightmare to babyproof... so we just gated it off.  Maybe we're kidding ourselves but it seemed like a good solution.

A huge THANK YOU for all the wonderful responses I got from my last post.  It felt much better knowing I was not alone, and I very much appreciate all the kind, comforting and supportive comments!!

I've recovered from my temporary insanity (or maybe it's the sanity that's temporary, I'm not sure).  We are packed.  Overpacked, but packed (how can one 19 pound person need so much stuff??).  Kavanna's room is cleared of clutter.  Our house is babyproofed.

We're ready to go.  We leave day after tomorrow!! 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yipeeee! How exciting for you! I'm just over the moon for you both and am so excited to see your arms wrapped around your baby girl! It's been a long, long road and the beginning of the rest of the journey is just a plane trip away!

Nanci, Mike, Zoe and Elijah said...

Nina - I am so excited for you - we will be right behind you (leave on 11/1), so I know what you are going through - except Elijah's room is still filled with half-packed suitcases. Have a wonderful trip - we'll be watching your blog! Nanci

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Great job on getting baby-proofed and ready to go!

DBW said...

Take a deep breath...

Its like we're lighting the fuses and counting to three...

For Suzanne, on those in-China flights with the 10 lb carryon restriction, it will be 16 pounds of baby, 14 pounds of documents... I hear you about overpacked. I had a nightmare that our notary died and the adoption was help up because I lost one of my W2's from 2006.

Searching for Kassandra said...

We are in China now with Kassnadra. The weather has been great so far. Congrats on getting K's room done. KEEP YOU EYE ON THE PRIZE. The wait has been worth it. Good Luck and smooth flying.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful, wild journey with us. Have a fantastic, unbelieveable trip and let me at those cheeks as soon as possible.
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Tiffany said...

I hope you have a great trip. Enjoy your time in China and buy lots of squeeky shoes...I wish I would have bought more!

meiconnor said...

NINA, I love your room, and especially, the painting - she's so lovely. Anyway, I'm so so happy you all finally got off your buts, and booked your tickets (and you know I'm so joking on this)... congratulations, may your travels be safe and happy and fulfilled. Lots of love,

rubyiscoming said...

You are ready! Cheers to you!

Mel said...

Woo-hoo, I am so excited for you. I can't wait for those first pics.

White Family said...

I am so excited for you! just take one day at a time and enjoy it. :)
Your going to love it and take lots of pictures!!!
love, Becky