Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two weeks and counting...

I can't believe it.  We leave two weeks from today!!   Well, we technically leave on the 29th (Kavanna's birthday!) since our plane leaves at 1:20 in the morning.  But we're arriving at the airport on Tuesday night, so I'm going with that.  

Suddenly it seems there are tons of things to do.  I need to get travel insurance, travel medical insurance.  I need to figure out how to get a ton of necessary (or so I think) items into our suitcases.  I need to buy Cheerios and soy formula (we're bringing both soy and regular and will see what Miss K likes best).   We have to call the credit card companies and AT&T and tell them we'll be in China.  And... and... and... so much else.

I'm beyond ready to travel.  And I also feel woefully unprepared!

8 comments:

Christi and Abbey said...

I hope you've got the suitcases open on the floor now. don't wait, it can get gnarly at the end. Best thing I did was bring all color coordinated and comfortable stuff for Abbey. She LOVED the Gerber fruit puffs, her first food. Do you get to stay at the White Swan? It's wonderful!!I used http://www.travelprotectors.com/ for our current living in China. Myra is great. So excited for you. Hope you are going to Beijing and doing the Hutong tour and climbing the Wall and going to the Summer Palace. I spent an extra day in Beijing than the rest of the group and was so glad I did. We got to get over the jet lag and see more. So excited for you all. They are going to think Ariel is a rock star. Seriously, I was signing autographs in Xian. They will go crazy over her hair.

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

The next 2 weeks will go fast and you will probably be scrambling at the end to get it all done and be ready. Christie is right...Ariel will totally be a rock star! (I met Christie & ZZ at the White Swan 2 yrs ago!)

Doreen said...

I'll help you pack if you let me come!!!!!!!! I'm jealous(but in the good way!).


Doreen in Montreal single Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

chad-roscoe said...

Keep a list of everything you do. Come home and decide which was necessary and which wasn't.
Give the revised list to us.
xx~
your lazy and envious but excited for your friend!

Don and Be said...

Can't stop smilin' at Kavana's pictures!

Rosie said...

OOh!! Only two weeks! Yes there must be so much to do.

Susan said...

YEAH!!! Its happening! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to follow along on your trip to Kavanna.

susan aka ladeeesquire

C's Mom said...

I'm as excited as can be. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for you. :0)