Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A surprise gift from China...

"Look!  I'm standing up all by myself!"
How cute is this face?  I have to resist diving onto the computer monitor to give those cheeks a kiss!
Our agency has been in contact with Beijing to make sure this milk is safe!  It's so hard hearing about tainted milk and seeing her drink from her bottle.   Check out her wheels, too!
"I'm a happy girl.  Life is grand!"
"Check out my hair.  I'm stylin', baby.  I'm a Pebbles baby (Flinstones were my favorite cartoon).

Kavanna and her foster mom, to whom we are so grateful!

We're sending two care packages to Kavanna... one through our agency and another through Ann atwww.redthreadchina.com

Today Ann sent me (as a surprise, totally unexpectedly), NEW PHOTOS of Kavanna, all taken in the last couple of months.  I'm so moved and awestruck and grateful that Ann would give us this priceless gift.

She also found out that Kavanna has a best friend and neighbor who is also going to be adopted by an American family... we actually know this family, having met online and discovered that we're with the same agency and the same travel group.  That means that Kavanna and her friend will be able to spend time together in China, which will hopefully help with the transition. 

WOW.  I am moved and amazed by Ann's sweetness and thoughtfulness.

Enjoy the new photos of Miss Kavanna Lin Rocklin.

16 comments:

Susan said...

Updated pix!! I'm so excited for you. Can I just say I love, love, love her little pony tail on the top of her head?? The connection with the little friend is just priceless.

susan

Laura said...

You **know** why she's just beaming ear to ear, right? She's been told you're coming to welcome her into your family! The pictures are truly a gift and I bet you can't take your eyes off of Kavanna. :)

Johnny said...

Sweet!

MStebby said...

Nina
OMG she looks great. I am so excited that you got this unexpected surprise. I love the one where it looks like she is laughing. We are so using Ann when our referral comes, this is an amazing!!

Maryanne (from RQ)

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Just precious! Don't you just want to grab those cute cheeks!! Love it!

Nikki said...

What a cutie. Love those cheeks.

Nikki
Feb. friend

C's Mom said...

How great to have those photos!

Just look at that smile lighting up everything around her :0) Megawatt!

Lovin' the pebbles look. It works on your little cutie.

AmyO said...

That's so great that they sent you more pictures. Love her hair! AmyO (Guangxi mom)

Anonymous said...

So you got these because you used that care package service?

One of our daughter's referral pictures was in front of that same brick wallk.

Basket full o' Plums said...

WOw, That picture of the foster mom is a treasure. I have one of Min's foster sister and I would give nearly anything for a picture of her foster Mom. Don't be afraid to print the picture off and let Kavanna hold the picture when/if she's feeling sad. I found the pictures of Min with her foster sister and her teachers were very comforting to her when she was feeling sad and homesick. She doesn't have any anxiousness when she sees the pictures and I keep them in her room on the wall.
Kavanna is just too adorable. What a gift to have some updated pictures!
XX Laura

Christi and Abbey said...

Oh my goodness, what a joyful and absolutely adorable child. You must be over the moon! Can't wait to meet her myself : ) Very cool blessing that you got these photos. After all that you've been through...what a wonderful new beginning

Anonymous said...

Kavanna is the sweetest thing! I love the cheeks! You must be so excited!

Erin said...

I am sooooo jealous! What a wonderful gift and what an incredibly gorgeous daughter you have. I can't wait to meet her in person!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pictures! What a wonderful surprise. I love Kavanna riding in her cool blue stroller, laughing and happy, and the cute pony tail action - (ms. pebbles)indeed. Truly, you are blessed with a treasure!!

Rosie said...

Shes so adorable.I can understand your worry over the milk.Its just awful whats happened in China.

kitchu said...

I don't know how you CAN STAND IT. I'm not even her mother and it's driving me insane her cuteness. I think I get that whole wanting to jump into the computer! My gosh she just looks SO happy. What a great surprise!!