Friday, November 28, 2008

Kavanna's first Thanksgiving!!

Kavanna is no longer walking.  Nope, not walking at all.  She's RUNNING.  It was hard to capture her in motion, but here are some (non-blurry) attempts.  Her party dress has a petticoat and side bustles.  It's very Mary, Queen of Scots (perhaps not a good comparison, hmmmm).  It's so unique and completely adorable.  I bought it the week we got our referral and hoped it would fit.  It does!

She's wearing white tights that I bought for Ariel in Scotland when she was six months old.  The coldest winter I ever spent was the summer I spent in Ft. William, Scotland (apologies to Mark Twain) and I saved them.  I didn't know I was saving them for Kavanna, but I was... and she wears them well.



First stop, Wendy & Jonathan's house for some pre-Thanksgiving visiting.  Here's Kavanna with Aunt Wendy and Cousin Maddie, my wonderful friends
In Curt & Kathy's kitchen, with Kavanna's first Thanksgiving turkey (she loved it).
Chef Curt...
Curt and Kathy with David and Kavanna... We had a wonderful time!   Thank you so much for having us over for Kavanna's first Thanksgiving!
We hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving.  After being in China, where so many people have so little, I have even more appreciation and thanks for all that we have...  I've always been very grateful for everything we have, and for the opportunity to pursue and achieve our dreams, but this year I'm more thankful than ever.  

4 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

So adorable! You should enter this post into my Family FotoFun Friday here!

Alyson and Ford said...

She is so precious! Adorable - yes!
She's growing!

Happy Thanksgiving (belated)!
Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy

DBW said...

Very cool dress--girly girl to the extreme.

Rosie said...

It looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving.I know its a huge celebration in the US.The first pilgrims came from a place near us and my Aunty used to live near where the Mayflower sailed and she was married in the Church where the Captain Of the Mayflower is buried!! Its interesting.