Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Red Couch Day... and walking

"They want me to sit on that red couch and pose for photos.  Sit still??  Ha!!  I laugh at the thought!"
"And my friends laugh, too."
"Daddy and me... and Jeff and Annabel.   I hate posing for photos."
"I'm crawling all over the place..."
"But I think I want to try walking.  I'm going to try to stand up..."
"I'm up!  I'm up on my feet!!"  (and she walked all around the suite, but we couldn't catch it on the camera because we were trying to make sure she didn't tumble)
"And now I'm down again.  Such fun."
We don't have digital photos of this, but today we went to the Guangzhou Zoo with our friends Karen, Jeff and Annabel.  We saw tigers, elephants, zebras, deer, white rhinos, bears, flamingos monkeys, and lots of other animals.  And then we came to a cage that held a most surprising sight:

Two small pomeranian dogs.  Yes, dogs.  Cute dogs.  Dogs that looked as if they should be in Paris Hilton's purse, not in a zoo in China.  They barked at us, seemingly begging us to take them home.  In China, dogs live in people's homes... and also at the zoo!

9 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Love the pics! Almost time to come home! Safe travels!

Billy and Maggie said...

Hi Nina..Love that red couch photo shoot.
I sent you an email, if you didnt get it can you please email me at oliviamtap@yahoo.com and let me know an email I can write you to it's really important.
Thank you..Happy Travels!!

DBW said...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures...

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's two more days til you're home...can't wait. Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic journey.

C's Mom said...

Dogs at the zoo? Who knew?

Love the photos...they have been such a boost for me.

It looks like Kavanna is gonna be on the run soon.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the pix of David with Kavanna. What a great daddy! See you soon. Oh, I just noticed I already left a comment...do I win any prizes for most enthusiastic blogger?

Rosie said...

Shes so gorgeous!!! Glad to hear that Ariel is feeling better.
Safe trip home.

Alyson and Ford said...

She is so adorable!
Her "photo" face was same as AA's for about 5 weeks (screaming), then she learned to pose and smile. You just wait..... You will die from love and cuteness!!

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy!

Unknown said...

Red couch photo means you're coming home soon! Yay!

Happy travels!